You are here
Supporting Yemen in the implementation of the Trade Facilitation Agreement
In an effort to support the Government of Yemen to comply with its international obligations in the area of trade facilitation, UNCTAD is organizing a study trip for Yemeni representatives to Khartoum, Sudan. This capacity building event is organized with the support of the World Customs Organisation and in the framework of the UK-funded project to assist in the implementation of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement.
The event will be divided into two main sessions:
- From 12 to 13 August 2016, UNCTAD and WCO experts will guide Yemeni trade facilitation stakeholders to:
- Analyze the current trade facilitation situation in Yemen and identify challenges and opportunities
- Enhance their understanding of the implications of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement for Yemen
- Evaluate the nature of the commitments under the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement and define the major activities needed to implement measures in categories B and C
- Prepare the notification and ratification processes for the above mentioned agreement
- Come up with a plan to comply with Article 23.2 on the National Trade Facilitation Committee (NTFC) in Yemen
- From 14 to 18 August, Yemeni participants will join the Sudanese Trade Facilitation Committee in a capacity building week on stakeholder engagement and on how to establish a trade facilitation roadmap.
Yemeni stakeholders will also have the opportunity to experience, first hand, a well-functioning National Trade Facilitation Committee, the Sudanese NTFC.